Recommended pre and post exercise stretches for cyclists from Optimum Sports Clinic.
Hold all stretches for a minimum of 30 seconds. Use a matt or find some grass for comfort. Enjoy!
1. Psoas hip flexor stretch. Kneel on the grass, lunge your left leg forward, feel the stretch in your right hip flexor and quadricep.
2. From your lunge position, straighten your left leg and point toes towards you to stretch through the calf and hamstring.
Repeat 1 & 2 on the other leg.
3. Seated gluteal stretch. Extend your left leg out in front of you. Place your right foot across the left leg. Hug your right knee into your left shoulder using your left hand on your right knee to increase the stretch and place your right hand behind you.
4. Seated adductor stretch. Place the soles of the feet together, knees lowered to the ground and lean forward into the stretch.
5. Stranding roll up for spinal mobility and lower back stretch.
From seated, place your feet hip distance apart and extend your legs, your hands reaching towards the ground. Hold the position for 30 seconds. Engage your core (pull in your tummy) and slowly roll your spine all the way up to an up right position. Stretch your arms up towards the sky for a full body stretch.