aat: events are a boutique, mass-participation events management company with huge, promising ambitions for 2020 and beyond. We are recruiting a Marketing and Participant Services Officer to join our small team at this exciting time, to help us deliver an increasing number of events to the award-winning standard expected at aat: events.
If you are interested in this role, apply with your CV and a short covering letter (300 words maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org – we are looking to hire ASAP.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with proven marketing experience (graduate or similar), understands what makes great customer service and who wants the opportunity to shape a career for themselves within the fast-paced sports events industry. The ideal candidate will be an outgoing, enthusiastic and approachable individual who is prepared to go above and beyond to integrate themselves into the aat: events community.
To be a successful in this role, you must be passionate about sports – if you already take part in mass-participation running / triathlon events, you will already be able to demonstrate to us an initial understanding of the needs / wants and demands of our target market – which is ESSENTIAL for any career as a marketer! If you can understand and deliver these participant demands, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact with our local community, within your role at aat events and ultimately within the sports events industry. 🚀
All about us.
– 40% of our participants live in Guildford and Woking alone – you will be expected to have or adopt excellent knowledge of the local area and affairs in order to engage with this community.
– This is a lifestyle job which demands flexibility and excellent teamwork from its hardworking, knowledgeable staff. You have the opportunity to shape your role and the ways in which you achieve success within it.
– Our team of 4 staff strive to be their best in their working and sporting lives; we all regularly participate in and work at competitive events for both personal enjoyment and professional growth. We would expect the same from our new recruit.
All about the role.
The Marketing and Participant Services Officer will be responsible for designing and managing the complete customer journey – from the moment someone finds out about events via marketing channels to completing the entry form and receiving pre, event day and post-event (results & retargeting) updates. Behind the scenes, this involves designing and building all entry forms, updating and posting news articles on the website, listing our events on 3rd party sites, delivering relevant and engaging communications on social media and all customer service (including preparing event data for the day).
You will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Event Management and Sponsorship at aat: events. With support from the aat-ambassadors, you will be responsible for delivering a number of free events throughout the year which you will design to engage our community and activate sponsor branding.
This is a highly community-focused role – you will need to fully integrate yourself within the local community and culture which may involve attending local running clubs and events outside your typical Monday – Friday working hours of 08:30 – 17:30. You must be willing to be flexible with these timings where this participant-focused job demands – eg. monitoring inboxes and social channels the evening before an event.
All about the responsibilities:
The design and delivery of the complete customer experience with aat: events.
– Social media account & content management.
– Seek, secure and deliver content for advertising opportunities.
– Campaign and data analysis.
– Design and delivery of a community engagement strategy.
– Customer Service and review management.
– Event Manager role on event days.
All about your essential qualities:
– Passion for sports (running / triathlon).
– Ambition. This is your opportunity to show the world what you’re made of.
– Marketing qualification(s) / experience.
– Enthusiastic and approachable by nature – driven by the desire to meet and talk to new people, and define exceptional customer service.
– Confidence & willingness to learn new and develop existing skills.
– Adaptability and professionalism to engage with various clients and sponsors.
– Excellent communication skills – perfect written and verbal English is critical.
– Able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
– A keen eye for design.
– Driving license / use of a car which you are willing to use for work purposes.
– Willing and available to work at approx 15-weekend events a year/outside of usual working hours where the job demands.
All about your advantage:
– Physical fitness – there are many physical aspects of the job involved (eg packing event equipment, running event routes, building and de-rigging event sites).
– Proven social media success
– Living locally / having good knowledge of / easy access to the area would demonstrate that you can fit in with our culture whilst maintaining a sustainable work/life balance.
– Advanced computer literacy.
– Photoshop / Graphic Design skills.
– Photography skills.
– Videography/editing skills.
– Advanced driving skills/experience driving a van.
All about the salary:
Competitive PAYE depending on experience, 22 days holiday. Feel free to contact us for more information.