17 March 2020
We will continue to update this post with the latest information regarding COVID-19.
“We understand that it’s a difficult time for everyone right now. Small businesses – and all business operating in the events industry – are in survival mode right now. Your cooperation and understanding at this time will enable us to continue delivering the events you love for years to come. Thanks for your support.” – Toby Jenkins, Managing Director.
The status of aat-events is as follows:
✅ Mercer Surrey Half Marathon / 8 March 2020 – DELIVERED
✅ The Fox / 25 April 2020 – POSTPONED. Please read The Fox: Official Announcement
❎ Haslmere Triathlon / 24 May 2020 – CANCELLED. Please read Haslemere Triathlon: Official Announcement
⏸️ Weybridge 10k / 14 June 2020 – POSTPONED. Please read Weybridge 10k: Official Announcement
❎ Hardassnails / 1 July 2020 – POSTPONED. Please read Hardassnails: Official Announcement
❎ Guildford Triathlon / 12 July 2020 – POSTPONED. Please read Guildford Triathlon: Official Announcement
✅ Guildford 10k / 11 October 2020 – GOING AHEAD
❎ Chessington Running Wild / 11 November – ENTRY NOT YET OPEN
Our policy regarding COVID-19:
– To closely monitor the developments relating to the spread of COVID-19.
– To follow the advice given by the UK Government, the World Health Organisation and other UK public bodies; basing all decisions on the advice and information currently available to us.
– Factor additional safety measures into our risk assessments and event operations to (where possible) responsibly and safely proceed with events.
– Official Announcements will be made specifically for any event affected (cancelled or modified) due to COVID-19.
– Communicate urgent updates to registered participants via email. Our website (including this post) and social channels will be updated as necessary.
We have to trust and base decisions on 1) the advice of the appointed experts in local and national government 2) relevant to the circumstances of our events 3) at this given moment in time. This is why the outcome may differ between individual events – as is the case with The Fox and Haslemere Triathlon.
At such a time where we are able to deliver events, examples of additional precautionary measures we may take include (but are not limited to):
– Limiting entry numbers.
– Providing advice /suggestions for additional personal safety measures.
– Operational modifications to reduce queues.
– Operational modifications to creating social distancing.
– Limiting unnecessary crowding – eg providing virtual race briefings (email and / or video).
– Implementing additional hygiene and safety procedures – eg providing additional sanitiser.
– Providing flexibility to participants wherever possible – eg facilitating free transfers, virtual participation options etc.
T&Cs / Refund Policy:
As per the T&Cs you agree to when registering to participate in aat events, “where our events have to be cancelled, delayed or postponed due to circumstances outside our reasonable control, we are not liable for any inconvenience, expenses, costs losses or damages suffered by participants”.
It is with regret that we have had to postpone and cancel events in order to adhere to Government advice regarding COVID-19 and that we are unable to offer refunds to participants registered for affected events. However, it is our intention to support our customers as much as is reasonably possible in these extraordinary circumstances; we are going above and beyond what we can usually offer in the instances of event cancellation or deferral to offer our customers a range of options (eg choice of virtual participation, participation in postponed or alternative 2020 events, participation in 2021 events) to best cater for their individual needs.